What information do we collect
Taco Digest is a service run by Taco Digest (Registered in The Hague, The Netherlands, Chamber of Commerce 88137236) that lets you follow sources of information and get notified of updates by email or other delivery methods. Our main product is a software hosted on our servers that perform these tasks for you. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Taco Digest.
As such we need to be able to collect certain information about you and your devices to offer a secure and stable service. Below we outline what we collect:
Sign up data & IP address
To create an account we need your email address, name and time zone. That is just so you can personalize your new account, and we can send you updates and other essential information. We will never sell your personal info to third parties, and we will not use your name in marketing statements without your permission, either.
And for additional security, for your safety and Taco Digest's, we store the IP addresses of all your logged in devices. When your browser makes requests to our servers, we store those in logs for 7 days for security.
Feeder offers its service in web. To connect your logged in account with browser, we store unique identifiers in cookies.
User generated information
When you use Taco Digest you will naturally create data, in the form of your digests, account settings, sources, and similar things. These are stored on Taco Digest's servers, and may be able to identify you personally.
When you write to us with a question or to ask for help, we will keep that correspondence, and the email address, for future reference. When you browse our pages, we will track that for statistical purposes (like conversion rates and to test new designs). We also store any information you volunteer, like surveys, for as long as it makes sense.
How do we manage my information
Sign up data & IP address
You can change the email address, name and time zone connected to your account inside "Account settings". Web server IP logs are stored for 7 days and then deleted. To mark all recorded IP addresses for deletion, please contact email@example.com.
You can access, change or delete your personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will ensure that nothing is stored on our servers past 30 days.
If you are an EU resident then you have the certain rights with respect to your personal information collected by us.
Taco Digest recognizes and will comply with GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under GDPR include:
- Right of Access. This includes your right to access the personal information we gather about you, and your right to obtain information about the sharing, storage, security and processing of that information.
- Right to Correction. This is your right to request correction of your personal information.
- Right to Erasure. This is your right to request, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, that your personal information be erased from our possession (also known as the “Right to be forgotten”). However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete your information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using Taco Digest services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Complain. You have the right to make a complaint regarding our handling of your personal information with the appropriate supervisory authority.
- Right to Restrict Processing.This is your right to request restriction of how and why your personal information is used or processed.
- Right to Object. This is your right, in certain situations, to object to how or why your personal information is processed.
- Right to Portability. This is your right to receive the personal information we have about you and the right to transmit it to another party.
- Right to not be subject to Automated Decision-Making. This is your right to object and prevent any decision that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes. This right is limited, however, if the decision is necessary for performance of any contract between you and us, is allowed by applicable European law, or is based on your explicit consent.
Third party services
Taco Digest cannot build all services required to operate on our own, and thus rely on third party services in these cases. To function these third-party services will come in contact with some of your data, please see the list below for a breakdown of what and how. We carefully select which third party services we use, and take great care to make sure they meet our rigorous standards.
Below is a list of all third-party services used by Taco Digest, and how they relate to your personal information:
We only use super secure and industry standard, trusted payment providers. We never store credit card information on our servers. Credit card data never even passes through our servers, we instead let the payment providers deal with the security under PCI-DSS regulations.
Because of the security requirements within payments, these payment providers may store information such as IP-address, name, address, emails, credit card details, and other data required to make the transaction safe and secure. These are governed under their respective privacy policies.
Hosting and service providers
To save on costs Taco Digest uses multiple third party providers for hosting hardware and other services. We make sure to only select mature and trusted providers, and make sure they follow relevant laws and best practices.
This means that any or all your data may be stored on their hardware. Note: That does not mean they can access it. We use industry standard practices to ensure the correct access levels for anyone to access this data.
- Heroku - Main hosting provider
- Vercel - Hosting provider
- Mailjet - Email newsletter service
- Crisp - In-app messaging and customer support
- Simple Analytics - Page view analytics
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
By using our news sources, you agree to the terms of service and privacy policies of the providers of those services:
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or a breach in our Terms of Service requires us to do so. We will notify you via your listed e-mail or contact address in accordance with the law if and when this happens.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Upon material breaches of security that affects personal identifiable information, we will take all necessary action to inform you and the correct authorities about it.
Age Of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Questions And Contact Information
If you would like to: access, change or delete your personal information, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at email@example.com.